Admissions Transient Students

Transient Students

E-mail Print PDF


Bishop State Community College welcomes transient students from other colleges and universities.  Below are the requirements for admission to Bishop State as a transient student:

  1. A completed application for admissions to Bishop State.
  2. An unexpired copy of the student’s driver’s license or state nondriver’s license.  If the student has neither please contact the admissions office for other options.
  3. A completed copy of the student’s transient letter from their home college.  Transient letters may be mailed or faxed to the Main Campus, hand delivered, or scanned and emailed, you may email letters to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .  If a letter is scanned and emailed it must be attached in a .PDF format.


Once the student has submitted all required documentation and their admissions records are processed by the admissions office, the student will be authorized to register online. If a student feels that all required information has been submitted but is still not authorized to register, then the student may need to contact the Main Campus admissions office.


Please note the following:

  1. Transient students cannot receive federal aid; Bishop State does not participate in Federal Student Loan Programs, therefore students are required to pay their tuition and fees out of pocket, out of state tuition rules apply.  For further information on out of state tuition and fees please see the college catalog. All charges must be paid before the first day of regular registration, failure to do so will result in the student's schedule being purged before 8:00 A.M. on the first day of regular registration.
  2. Transient students who attend Bishop State two consecutive semesters must provide an official transcript from their home college prior to beginning the second term and must also provide an updated transient letter for the second term.
  3. It is the responsibility of the student to request their Bishop State transcript be sent back to their home school at the end of the semester.