Blackboard Technical Requirements
In order for Blackboard to run efficiently, you should have the following:
- Internet Explorer 7 or later
- The Java Engine
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office or Open Office
See below on how to install above items:
Instructions for Updating Internet Explorer to version 8
- If Internet Explorer is installed on your system, first determine the version that you have:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- From the top of the browser tool bar select "Help."
- From the drop down panel select "About Internet Explorer".
- A window will appear displaying the version number – if it is below 7 continue.
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com.
- Click on Internet Explorer 8 and follow the instructions to install.
Updating to the latest Java Engine
- Go to http://www.java.com.
- Click on "Free Java Download" button and follow instructions.
Installing Adobe Acrobat
- Go to http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/.
- Click on the "Get Adobe Reader" button, click "Download", follow instructions.
If you don't have Word and/or PowerPoint on your computer, you may download Open Office (a free download)
- Go to http://www.openoffice.org.
- Click on the "I want to download OpenOffice.org" link and follow instructions.
- Note: all BSCC Computers will already have Word/PowerPoint installed.