The process of accreditation with the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges / Commission on Colleges requires that each school submit a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). Requirements of the Quality Enhancement Plan are explained in:
Core Requirement 2.12 which requires an institution develops an acceptable Quality Enhancement Plan that focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning.
Comprehensive Standard 3.3.2 which requires:
- the institution ensures it has the capacity to implement and sustain the Quality Enhancement Plan
- a broad base of stakeholders was involved in the process
- the QEP identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievements.
According to SACSCOC guidelines, a QEP should:
- Contribute to the improvement of student learning or to the environment for student learning;
- Emerge from an institutional process and institutional assessment;
- Be based on a need that can be supported by data;
- Be linked to the college’s strategic plan and mission;
- Be focused and assessable;
- Have the support and involvement of students, faculty, and other stakeholder groups.